We recently got an air fryer attachment for our Instant Pot and have been making all kinds of things in it. We love it! Such a stress-free way to cook. We can set the time and forget about it while we’re preparing and cooking other items. We found that it’s great for making frittata. We wanted to document the recipe on our website since we’ll be making this tasty one time and time again!
Cheesy Frittata with Herbs
- Instant Pot with Air-Fryer Accessory
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 half block of extra firm tofu mashed, and pressed/drained to remove as much water as possible (this step is important to keep the frittata from becoming runny
- ½ c cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 sprigs cilantro chopped (optional)
- 3 sprigs dill chopped (optional)
- ½ t salt
- parchment paper
- Prepare ingredients as described in the ingredients list.
- Microwave the mashed tofu for 1 minute to heat it up. Drain any liquid that gets released.
- Mix all ingredients except for half of the cheddar cheese (¼ c) in a bowl.
- Cut a round piece of parchment paper and place it into the bottom of the instant pot container, folding the sides against the pot side so they don’t stick out. No need to grease or add oil.
- Pour the mixed ingredients on top of the parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Place the instant pot container into the instant pot. Set the instant pot to Saute function, medium heat, for 5 minutes. Put the air-fryer lid on top of the instant pot, and set to 400ºF for 15 minutes. Start both the instant pot and the air-fryer lid and leave it to cook.
- After cooking is done, pull the frittata out of the air fryer by pulling up the parchment paper. Cut into wedges and serve with a few slices of pickles or hot sauce.