Deniz and I modified this recipe of tabouli from the Ziad bulgur package to meet our tastes. It has a lot less lemon than typical tabouli, which we like a lot, because it brings out the taste of all of the other ingredients! Yum!
- 1/2 c bulgur medium fine #2
- 1 c tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 c persian cucumbers finely chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 c parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 c mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bulgur in the bowl and wash, if needed (per package) and drain.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl until the bulgur is just covered with water. Cover the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients as described in the ingredients list.
- Place the chopped ingredients into a large serving bowl. Add the cooled bulgur.
- Add the remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.