Deniz and I modified this recipe of tabouli from the Ziad bulgur package to meet our tastes. It has a lot less lemon than typical tabouli, which we like a lot, because it brings out the taste of all of the other ingredients! Yum!
- 1/2 c bulgur, medium fine #2
- 1 c tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 c persian cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 c parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 c mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the bulgur in the bowl and wash, if needed (per package) and drain. Pour boiling water into the bowl until the bulgur is just covered with water. Cover the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes.
Prepare the remaining ingredients as described in the ingredients list. Place the chopped ingredients into a large serving bowl. Add the cooled bulgur. Add the remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.