Panang curry is my favorite Thai curry. It’s got that sweet creamy spiciness that I love. Here’s our vegetarianized version of it, adapated from Wei-Chuan’s Thai Cookbook for our vegetarian diet. We’ve tried and tweeked this recipe several times to get it just right. We’re really happy with the final result.
- 4 Morningstar Vegetarian Sausage Patties
- ½ can of baby corn, each baby corn cut in half
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 c green peas
- 2 T cooking oil
- 2½ T panang curry paste (this typically yields a mild to medium heat. you can add or decrease depending on how how you like your curry)
- 3 c water
- Two 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 t soy sauce
- 4 t sugar
- 4 Knorr vegetarian bullion cubes
Toast the sausage patties for 12 minutes at 350°F. Allow to cool, and then chop into bite sized pieces (8 pieces each).
Combine the Coconut sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
Heat the cooking oil in a large sauce pan. Add the panang curry paste and stir-fry for one additional minute. Add the Coconut sauce, baby corn and red pepper, bullion cube, green peas, and water. Return to boil. Add the chopped veggie patties, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Serve with rice.