Gulevren taught us how to make this delicious salad during our Thanksgiving 2019 visit. The sweetness and softness of the beet pairs so well with the freshness and bitterness of the arugula. The redness of the beets is also striking against the green salad. It’s a match made in heaven!
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 T + 1 T + 1 T olive oil
- 2 beets, shredded
- 1/2 T honey
- 1 + 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 c arugula, chopped into loose strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed into a paste
- 1 T yogurt
- Prepare the ingredients as described above
- Heat 1 T olive oil in a medium sized saute pan over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded beets, another 1 T olive oil, and honey. Continue to saute until beets are soft, approximately 5 minutes. Mix in 1 t salt
- In a separate container, mix 1 T olive oil, yogurt, crushed garlic, and 1/2 t salt.
- Place arugula in a bowl. Add cooked beets on top. Pour the sauce on top of the beets.