Got this delicious recipe from anne on our Thanksgiving 2019 visit to Turkey. So healthy and flavorful at the same time. The slight sweetness of the carrot combined with the zing of the garlic and the coolness of the yogurt compliment each other so well. Can be eaten by itself or used as a dip. Either way, it’s delicious!
Turkish Carrot Yogurt Dip (Yoğurtlu Havuç Meze)
- 4 medium carrots shredded
- 1 T cooking oil
- 2 c yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves crushed into a paste
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shredded carrots and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp of water and cover the pan. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the pan and cool until room temperature.
- After cool, add the yogurt and garlic paste. Salt to taste.